This post is not sponsored, but may contain affiliate link that earns us a small commission if a purchase is made using the link. It should be noted that we would not endorse anything we would not genuinely buy ourselves.
When traveling to warmer weather this time of year, us Wisconsinites have to dig deep in our storage closets for most of this gear when it’s time to pack, so we like to get started on these things ahead of time. It can take a while to remember where you stashed everything at the end of summer and is a good time to take stock of what you have a need.
Anyone else guilty of a huge collection of half-full bottles of sunscreen that’s probably all expired anyways?
Here’s some of our suggestions for things to bring from home on your beach vacation:
for the beach & pool
- Portable bluetooth speaker
- Water bottles / cocktail tumblers / can coozies
- Book, headphones for audiobooks
- Pool floaties for little kids – love the Stearns Puddle Jumper brand
- Swim goggles for the kids – these have proven to hold up well
- Sun protection – sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses, hats, coverups
- Selfie Stick (Katie!)
- Packable Cooler – here’s a variety of price points and needs:
for the kids
- Apparel for cooler weather: jackets/hoodies, jeans/pants
- We unfortunately have to depart and arrive back to cold Wisconsin, so these things will be needed on travel days. A recent find is that General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, WI has a coat check option so you don’t have to travel with your winter coats! Genius.
- Tees, tanks and shorts – hoping we’ll use more of these than the jeans & jackets listed above! Fingers crossed.
- Swimsuits, swim shirts, and coverups
- Old Navy, Gap, and Athleta Girl have great options
- Cat + Jack from Target
- Comfortable walking shoes and sandals – some brands we love:
- Portable sleeping cot
- Portable noise machine – always bring these on trips!
- Medications – we never travel without the following:
- Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen
- Benadryl, both oral and cream
- Melatonin for kids – sometimes used for the first night or two in a new place and/or with a change in sleeping routines
What other essentials are we missing for the beach? Chime in below if you think of something — preferably in the next week so we can bring it along and/or have our handy Amazon Prime delivered in time 🙂